Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Beware!

Pickpockets are everywhere. You don't really know how to specify how they look like but there's some possible ways to avoid your belonging being 'pick' by them.

In Bukit Bintang, these pickpockets are professional enough that are like ninjas. Why ninja? Not because they know how to throw those sharp thingy, I can't recall what does it call. It's been a long time ever since I watch Naruto. It's their movement. You can't feel nor recognize them. They can do it in just few seconds and the magic moment happen. You lost your wallets, purse or other stuff. The next thing you know the person you suspected went missing in few seconds too! Wow!

Calm down, they're not ghost nor magician, they just change their outfit. It can be from jacket or coat to t-shirt or singlet.

Few things you can avoid this thing from happening. When you're waiting to cross the road, suddenly you feel so crowded when you wanna cross, hold your bag or pocket. If someone pushes you, just walk and hold your belonging stills! Don't stop and stare. They purposely do that to distract you and snap! You lost your wallet!

When you feel lost there, go to stalls or shops or police to ask for direction. Don't stand there till someone approach you to give you a hand or start conversation with you. When one talks to you, more and more walk towards you and act as a friend and you'll be surrounded. The next thing you realize you being pickpocketed, they're vanished!

In city area, avoid wearing gold accessories, you attract their eyes and you'll be targeted. Come on, you don't have to show off you're rich here. The more you wanna show, you'll be popular in their world. LV, Gucci, Prada, Hermes and etc bags can prove you rich enough.

Some people might say don't carry a bag, put it in your pocket. Well, it's not safe to put inside your pocket. I heard rumors that they've been trained really well in doing this. Otherwise they won't be ruling in few parts/locations in K.L. Well, sometimes you gotta trust these rumors. I rather carries a bag with me so I can hug my belongings easily. You know, girls need to protect their boobs when cross the streets from being molested. That's one of the reason why I carries my bag wherever I go because I feel safe.

You know, some people don't really know what to do when they found out that their passport or wallet is lost. Go to embassy or police station to lodge a report immediately. I guess many people know that!

Anyway, I hope my tips would help. Probably some. I know it's quite common sense but hey, pre-cautions still needed k? :)
Goodnight people.


- je m'appelle Amanda... ❤

No comments: